We can bring handwriting to life as neon! It looks incredible and is about as meaningful as it gets. Whether it’s a gift for someone or you’re immortalising someone important’s handwriting, we can do it and it’s not as expensive as you may think.
1. A quick sketch
– Jot down what you’d like.
– It doesn’t need to be the final one.
2. Neon Colour
– Neon comes in loads of colours.
– Let us know your favourite.
3. Neon Mount Detail
– We can mount on our own acrylic or aluminium.
– Or we can mount it on something you send us.
4. Send it to us!
– Email your design & colour preference & size.
– We’ll get back to you with ideas and cost.
If you can draw it with simple pencil lines then we can make it in neon. Feel free to sketch down ideas, send them through to us and we’ll let you know how we can bring it to life as a neon light. We’ll also guide you on the best way to mount it whilst keeping you informed of the cost.
What colours can I get?
The colour chart above indicates the broad range of colours available. Contact us for more information about the colours available.
How long does a neon light last?
Neon lights can last for decades but as with any other type of light, it depends how much it’s used. If the light was theoretically left on 24 hours per day, you could realistically expect the lifespan to be 8 to 15 years.
Is neon dimmable?
Yes, but the brightness is set directly with the transformer when the neon is first installed so once set it then remains at that level of brightness. We have preferred suppliers with years of experience who will set it to your perfect level when they install it.
How does a neon light work?
A neon light is a general term as neon lights actually use either neon or argon gas. A glass tube is filled with either of these gases and electrical connections are fitted at either end. A high voltage is then applied which ionizes the gas, causing it to emit coloured light due to fluorescence. Different colours are created through different methods: (i) neon appears red-orange and argon appears pale blue and (ii) clear glass tubes are coated on the inside with a fluorescent powder that emits different colours.
Is neon fragile?
Neon lights are made using glass tubing so yes, they’re relatively fragile. If they’re likely to hang in a vulnerable place, they can be mounted in perspex to protect them from breakage.
Can neon be repaired?
Yes. Damaged glass can either be repaired or sections replaced. Each break is different so give us a call and we’ll help you out.
Why Choose Carousel Lights?
- We’re experienced in designing and producing lights for a broad client base which includes world-famous leisure attractions, international bar and restaurant chains, global celebrities and personal homes.
- We have a proven track record of delivering our products on brief, on time and on budget.
- “Good enough” isn’t good enough for us – we don’t stop until we’ve got it perfect.
- We proudly design and produce our lights in the UK using exceptionally skilled craftsmen meaning our quality is second to none.