£18,000. Permanent, full-time. Based in Thames Valley Windsor/Maidenhead area
APPLY BY 8th JUNE 2017
We’re Recruiting! Carousel Lights is a UK lighting company based in London. An official holder of the esteemed ‘Cool Brand 2016/17’ award, and a top 3 finalist in the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2016 -‘The Oscars’ of the business world – Carousel Lights designs and produces stylish Feature Lights. Specialising in neon, fairground lights and lightboxes, the company works with Interior Designers, brand owners, bars, restaurants, hotels, nightclubs and individual customers in order to bring their ideas to life with light.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist in growing Carousel Lights’ business, primarily by designing lights, mocking up lights and creating artwork. The job will also entail other design work such as managing website content, producing vector files for production and managing Carousel Light’s imagery.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING – MAIN DUTIES
- Propose designs for lights based on customer’s requirements. Sometimes this will entail proposing designs from a rough brief whilst at other times you may be interpreting a design that a customer has sent through and representing it as a light (eg a brand logo).
- Work with internal and external staff to help size lights and deduce what is and isn’t possible.
- Mock up designs of lights in-situ so that clients can get a better idea of how they’ll look in their final position.
- Produce appropriate files for manufacturing (eg vector files).
- Liaise with printers and suppliers to ensure manufacturing templates are produced accurately.
- Manage website content. In particular, adding photos of lights to the gallery, adding new clients to the gallery and keeping the website up to date with new imagery.
- Manage content for our social media pages. In particular, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest.
- Take photographs of lights, edit photos and upload to website and various social media channels.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING – OTHER DUTIES
- Attend site meetings with customers where required.
- Visit suppliers
- Assist in the production of lights.
- Deliver lights to customers.
- Visiting customers in order to take photographs of our lights in situ.
ABOUT YOU & HOW YOU’LL BE WORKING
- A recent graduate with training in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop etc) and able to model in 3D (eg Studio Max).
- 1-2 years experience as a junior designer in a working environment. This can be a combination of internships and fixed term contracts.
- Great at working under pressure and equally strong communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, upbeat and motivated.
- Enjoy working as part of a small team.
Sounds like this job hits the mark? Excellent! CLICK HERE to send us an email with your CV and a few paragraphs to bring to life your experience and why this role appeals. Look forward to working with you!