Permanent, full-time role. Based near Chertsey.
Carousel Lights is a UK lighting company based near Chertsey. An official holder of the esteemed ‘Cool Brand 2016/17’ award, and a top 3 finalist in the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2016 – ‘The Oscars’ of the business world – Carousel Lights designs and produces stylish Feature Lights. Specialising in neon, fairground lights and lightboxes, the company works with Interior Designers, brand owners, bars, restaurants, hotels, nightclubs and individual customers in order to bring their ideas to life with light.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To grow Carousel Lights’ business by proactively identifying customers and securing their immediate and ongoing business. You’ll be joining a small but growing team, with a huge opportunity to make an impact.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING – MAIN DUTIES
- Identify key opportunities to sell Carousel Lights’ range of products.
- These opportunities will include customers such as Architects, Interior Designers, Brands, Event Management Companies, Electrical Distributors and Art Galleries.
- Proactively contact prospect customers to discuss their requirements and introduce them to Carousel Lights.
- Focus on securing ongoing contracts with customers such that Carousel Lights is their supplier of choice for certain lights.
- Manage inbound queries that come from existing and new customers regarding new lights.
- Work with our Designer and Project Manager to propose products for our prospect customers.
- Work with suppliers to understand and propose costs.
- Compile quotes for customers and work with them until we receive confirmation for projects.
- Liaise with Project Manager who will work with other teams to fulfill the order to the specification agreed.
- Advise customers on lighting options and the most appropriate solutions for their needs.
- Confirm sales with customers and ensure that payment is received in advance of work commencing.
- Liaise with customers post-delivery of their products, requesting feedback and ensuring a relationship is built with them such that Carousel Lights is approached for future projects.
- Attend client meetings and site visits where necessary to showcase products and discuss lighting options for particular spaces.
ABOUT YOU & HOW YOU’LL BE WORKING
- Experience in a Sales role.
- Thrive on calling clients, discussing their needs, proposing great products for them and then getting a thrill from ‘doing the deal’.
- Self-starter, driven, enthusiastic, upbeat and motivated.
- Great at working under pressure and with strong communication skills.
- Happy to get stuck in to help team members out with other areas outside your ‘day job’.
- Would be a great advantage if you have experience selling and working within lighting and our customer sectors.
- Enjoy working as part of a small, self-motivated team with the opportunity to make a big impact.
Sounds like this job hits the mark? Excellent! CLICK HERE to send us an email with your CV and a few paragraphs to bring to life your experience and why this role appeals. Look forward to working with you!